Sunday, July 20, 2014

I am new to this blogging thing.. So I'll start off by telling you a little bit about the aim of this blog. I started sewing about seven months ago, when my mum bought me my first sewing machine. Up until then, I had only done simple sewing in high school as a teenager, though the basics were easy enough to recall. 

I started watching tutorials on youtube on how to make simple things for the home, things like coasters and table runners which were pretty straight forward for a beginner. 

I then moved on to making clothing for children and although I enjoy doing this, also love the challenge of learning something new now and then too. 

So I am attempting to learn more about quilting.. Note the word 'attempting'.. I say this because my first attempt at actually doing a quilt for a friend didn't turn out at all like I had planned. And when I say that, I mean it didn't turn out at all! I set my sights on what I thought was a fairly easy design with panels and borders and yet had the hardest time putting it all together! It turned out to be a nightmare.. It looked like one too, sadly. 

So I decided that I would not give up. Instead I decided to start a blog and I will (do my best to) update it regularly on whatever it is that I am working on or learning about. I'll try and upload photos of what I'm creating as I go, as often as I can too.

My first mission - To create a quilt with blocks only! I am using a design (You can view this on youtube if you search for Missouri Quilt Co. and search for '3 dudes quilt')..




I have already done a few squares so will upload some photos now.


Stay tuned.. I need as much support as I can get! :)
 
Here's the beginning at 4 squares..






And at 9 squares..


More to come soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment